Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Close, But Not Quite #2: Dunkin' Donuts

I've highlighted before the products in Ukraine that may look like famous products but have a little twist.  We've had Capri-Sun Capri-Sonne and today we have Coffee Donuts [seen in Kiev] which has a nearly identical logo as Dunkin' Donuts.  


While their donuts looked tempting, our hearts were attached to a little shop in the Kiev Metro called "світ донатс" which in Ukrainian is "World Donuts."


They have this wonderful class window showing you what is available.  I don't believe it is possible to walk past this window more than three times without turning around and buying something.


I normally wouldn't dedicate a post on Marvel With A Mango to some donuts but these were the first proper donuts we had seen since arriving.  Sure, they have pastries galore but it's just not quite the same and so we were happy to have this little piece of America.  Laura went with a white glazed donut with strawberry filling.


I went with a chocolate and peanut sprinkled one which I assumed would have custard inside...


...but it had a little surprise inside instead...liquid peanut butter...and let me remind you about my current feelings about peanut butter.  Score!



No comments:

Post a Comment